I cannot imagine our lives without electronic devices like mobile phones, laptops, iPads, and digital cameras. Without charge, though, they are useless. The Bestek 500-watt power Inverter is an excellent alternative for people requiring significant power while traveling. Bestek manufactures an extensive selection of inverters with varying wattage and choices.
An inverter is a device that converts direct current (DC) to alternating current (AC) electricity. You can charge your larger devices if you have a power inverter. If you are considering purchasing an inverter, I recommend doing so. In this power inverter review, I will explain all you need to know about BESTEK 500W pure sine wave Power Inverter.
BESTEK 500W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter Review: Overview
The Bestek Power Inverters convert DC power from a car battery or other DC power source into AC power for use with household appliances and other appliances electrical equipment. The Bestek Inverter is a great solution for people who want access to AC power on camping, such as when traveling in an RV, or experiencing a power outage.
It has several capacities, including 300W, 500W, 700W, 1000W, 1200W, and 2000W models. I bought the Bestek 500W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter, one of the most powerful inverters available and capable of supplying power to various gadgets and appliances. I have not regretted my choice.
What’s in the Package?
- BESTEK 500W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
- Two sets of battery connection cables
- 12v cigar plug for low voltage applications (300w max)
- Instruction manual
Here are the specifications for the BESTEK 500W Power Inverter:
|Rated Power output||500W continuous power|
|Input voltage||DC 12V|
|Output voltage||AC 110V|
|Protection features||Over-temperature, over-voltage, low-voltage, and short-circuit protection|
|Dimensions||8.7 x 4.3 x 2.4 inches|
BESTEK 500W Inverter Review: Features
Let’s take a look at the features that this Bestek Inverter comes with.
High power output: The Bestek Inverter 500W can provide 500 watts of continuous power, This makes it one of the more powerful inverters available, and it can run various devices and appliances such as phones, laptops, toasters, etc.
The external casing of the Bestek inverter is made of aluminum alloy, which is robust and long-lasting and can withstand all types of harsh environments, protecting the internal components.
The Bestek 500W has two AC outlets, which allow you to run multiple devices or appliances simultaneously.
In addition to the AC outlets, the Bestek 500W has two USB charging ports. Personally, I love this feature! It allows me to simultaneously charge my two travel companions, my smartphone, and my tablet while traveling.
It has a built-in cooling fan that helps to prevent overheating and ensures that the inverter operates efficiently. The fan is not noisy and will not mess with my favorite jazz tunes when I am chilling in my RV.
The clamps are adequate; I’ve used heavier-duty clamps, but these look like they’ll do the job for a while. The entire clamp is made of copper, and the wires are crimped and bonded. Even I, with my experience in military electronics, can see how well the wiring is crimped and soldered at the eyelet.
This Bestek 500W has several safety features, including over-temperature and short-circuit protection, which help prevent damage to your devices or appliances and the inverter itself.
The Bestek 500W is certified by ETL, meaning it has been tested and meets safety and performance standards.
- The Bestek Power Inverters are ideal for running a wide range of electronics and appliances thanks to their high power output of up to 500 watts.
- The Bestek 500W Inverters have three AC outlets, allowing you to charge many devices simultaneously.
- There’s a built-in USB port that allows you to charge your devices while traveling.
- You can easily monitor the inverter’s performance thanks to the LCD display, which provides information on the input and output voltages and the inverter’s output.
- A convenient carrying handle.
- Auto protection circuitry
- In comparison to standard generators, I observed that the inverters power generator produced significantly less energy.
- The Bestek Inverters are more expensive than comparable products; thus, they may not be the ideal option for individuals on a limited budget.
- Because of their high output, the Bestek Power Inverters may necessitate a larger battery or a second battery bank to function for longer durations.
What Bestek Power Inverter Can Run
The Bestek 500W is a high-powered device that can run a wide range of devices and appliances. I experimented with various devices, including my MacBook pro, battery charger phones, clock, and lighting. It was a perfect success. It can charge phones and laptops relatively fast.
Some of the devices that this 500W Inverter can power are:
- Kitchen and laundry equipment can all be powered by the Bestek 500W. Note, however, that the power needs of various appliances might vary widely; before using an inverter, you should find out just how much power your particular gadget needs.
- Power tools, including saws, drills, and sanders
- Electronic entertainment devices, including televisions, game consoles, and stereos
- Computers, printers, and other office machinery
- Lamps and LED lights
- Electric blenders, toaster ovens, and coffee makers.
Before utilizing an inverter, examining the device or appliance’s power requirements is vital to ensure it will work properly. The inverter’s ability to supply electricity to a given device for an extended period is also contingent on the battery’s capacity and the gadget’s power.
Pure Sine Wave vs. Modified Sine Wave
Inverters that generate pure sine waves output voltage as sine waves. Thus, pure sine wave inverters are always required for grid-connected systems. Pure sine wave power inverters are generally necessary for sensitive electronics, such as current televisions, CFL light bulbs, and devices with AC motors.
Pure sine wave inverters can generate cleaner, smoother, quieter, and more reliable energy for the interference-free operation of electrical appliances and power tools.
Pure sine wave inverters deliver AC electricity that closely matches a sine wave. In inverters for modified sine waves, the polarity reverses rapidly.
Efficiency and cost are the key distinctions between these two inverters. Pure sine wave inverters can effectively power AC-powered devices and radios susceptible to interference. Yet, they might be expensive. A modified sine wave inverter may cause interference, resulting in a less-than-pure current, but it is cheaper than a pure-sine inverter.
Utilizing a modified sine wave power inverter to charge electronic devices such as tablets, battery packs, and cell phones is one of the most commonly reported power inverter-related tragedies. Occasionally, the charger or device overheats rather than the fuse blowing. In certain situations, this has melted phone chargers and phones.
As their cost decreases, pure sine wave inverters become more affordable. Modified sine wave inverters can power simple items if efficiency is not a concern. Yet, a pure sine wave inverter will ensure that your gadgets and appliances operate safely and effectively.
How Do I Use the Bestek Power Inverter?
Using the Bestek Inverter 500W is relatively simple.
- You connect the inverter to your car battery or other DC power source using the included cables
- Plug in your devices or appliances into the inverter’s AC outlets and turn on the inverter using the power switch
- Monitor the inverter’s LCD to ensure that your devices and appliances are receiving the appropriate power output.
How Long Will a Battery Last With an Inverter of 500 Watts?
Your 500-watt inverter will last one hour on a 200-amp-hour battery at max power. 500 watts is an excessive amount of electricity to maintain for an hour. You will need enough batteries to keep your energy supply when your solar panels are not generating electricity.
Is Bestek a Reliable Product?
Yes, Bestek is a reliable product. The fact that 5 out of 5 reviews for Bestek are positive suggests that buyers are pleased with their experience. The Electronics category ranks Bestek at position #109.
What Type of Battery Is Required for a 500-Watt Inverter?
For 500 Watt and bigger Inverters: We recommend deep-cycle batteries (marine or RV) that can withstand several hundred complete charge/discharge cycles.