Campers desperately need inverters for camping on RVs, mainly during weekends and holidays. While any inverter can get the job done, some appliances, especially sensitive ones, need a special inverter called a pure sine wave inverter. They provide safe energy with low harmonic distortion, suitable for sensitive electronics like TVs, heaters, and battery chargers.
But, not all pure sine inverters are the same; they don’t have the same power output ratings or provide the same inverter wattage. This 1200W Pure Sine Wave Inverter review focuses on how suitable it is for off-grid solar system home RVs. Read through to learn more.
Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter Review: What Is it For?
A pure sine wave inverter is a device that generates alternating current (AC power) from direct current (DC). The generated alternating current is in the form of pure sine wave output.
The power inverter produces alternating current in its pure form. It doesn’t have harmonic distortion. Therefore, the produced alternating current is as good as the power at your home. A pure sine inverter generates power with low risks of damaging your electrical appliances. You can safely use it to power sensitive electronics on your RV, including but not limited to TV, PC, and laptop.
1200W Pure Sine Wave Inverter is an inverter with a continuous power output of up to 1.2kW. This inverter converts 12V direct current to 110V alternating current, sufficient to run several appliances in your RV. The 1200W inverter has a 90% efficiency, ensuring more alternating current is generated for the efficient running of power tools and appliances.
1200W Pure Sine Wave Inverter Features
1200W Pure Sine Wave Inverter features are as follows.
- The 1200W Pure Sine Wave Inverter features advanced pure sine wave technology, ensuring the inverter produces quality alternating current similar to what I get from grid power.
- This inverter maintains constant power output, thanks to the chip that’s integrated into its system. Therefore, I won’t risk damaging my load.
- This inverter measures 10.43 x 7.12 x 3.1 inches and weighs only 5.5 lbs. It also features a compact design that makes it portable. Therefore, you can easily and conveniently carry it around.
- It has wide applications, and I can use it to power my AC household appliances or large appliances in my camping RV. Some electronic devices you can power using this inverter include DVD players, camping lights, freezers, TV, car refrigerator, and charging laptops. I used this inverter to power my camera, garden water pump, electric devices like a saw, and drilling machine.
- The 1200W Pure Sine Wave Inverter is easy to use. It has two AC outlets, one USB, and one Type C port, letting me charge my accessories. The USB ports have a 5V power rating and a 2.1A current rating.
- It is easy to use this inverter as you only need to plug and play, and it provides continuous power.
- It also has a remote switch port that allows you to monitor your inverter’s working state remotely. You can also use this remote control to switch the inverter on or off. Unfortunately, this package doesn’t include a remote switch. So, you may need to buy one separately.
- This inverter features three LED indicators. The first indicator is for battery voltage. Use this indicator to check the current voltage of your battery as the battery continues powering your appliances. The second indicator shows the output power for your load capacity. This indicator helps me determine if the inverter can run my load efficiently or if the load’s power requirement exceeds what the inverter can supply. The third indicator is the fault code. It monitors the operation status of my inverter and alerts me when the inverter develops a mechanical issue. The three indicators make this inverter safe to use.
- The inverter is cool and works at an optimum condition all day long. It features an ultra-silent thermo-activated smart cooling fan that dissipates any heat the inverter generates, keeping it cool. The low temperatures ensure the inverter runs optimally for the efficient running of appliances.
- Another feature I love about this inverter is its sturdy and durable build. The inverter is made of aluminum alloy, which is solid and durable, ensuring I use it for long before replacing it. Drops and bumps have an insignificant effect on the inverter, thanks to the sturdy aluminum body.
- Lastly, the inverter has advanced pure sine wave technology, providing all-around protection. The technology guarantees comprehensive protection against overload, high voltage, low voltage, output short circuits, and over-temperature. Therefore, you won’t have to worry about your appliances damaging due to a technical or mechanical problem the inverter develops.
- Bonus feature; this inverter is suitable for batteries of all makes. Gel, flooded, lithium, or sealed lead-acid batteries, and many more are all compatible with this inverter.
|Input voltage||12 Volts|
|Output power||1200 Watts|
|Product dimensions||10.4 x 7.1 x 3.1 inches|
|Product weight||5.5 lbs|
|AC output||110 Volts|
- The inverter has a compact design with a 5.5 lbs weight making it portable and convenient for carrying around.
- The 90% efficiency ensures the converter converts direct current to more alternating current, ensuring a surplus power supply for running appliances.
- It supports pure sine wave technology that ensures all-around protection against overload, high voltage, low voltage, output short circuits, and over-temperature.
- The strong aluminum alloy body makes this inverter solid and durable. Accidental falls and bumps can not damage it.
- The three LED indicators make the inverter safe to use as it alerts you whenever it develops an operation problem.
- Unfortunately, the peak power output of this inverter varies with the battery’s voltage. Therefore, as the voltage goes down, the peak voltage drops, making it insufficient to run appliances with high peak voltage requirements.
Is It Worth Getting a Pure Sine Wave Inverter?
Yes, it is worth getting a pure sine wave inverter. Pure sine wave technology is a comprehensive technology that offers all-around protection against high voltage, overload, low voltage, output short circuits, and over-temperature. Thus, it is safe to power sensitive electronics such as TVs that can be affected by interference.
Which Pure Sine Wave Inverter Is Best?
The best pure sine wave inverter varies depending on your needs and preference. There are different brands with different output and input power ratings. Besides, they have different features which give them an advantage over their competitors. Therefore, picking the best one can be challenging unless you’re certain of your primary needs.
However, the best one should have a reliable power output rating, excellent build quality, multiple power outlets, and a great warranty policy, among other features.
What Are the Advantages of Pure Sine Wave Inverters?
The advantages of pure sine wave inverters are as follows.
- Pure sine wave inverters produce quality power like utility-supplied electricity.
- They generate clean power with minor harmonic distortion.
- They maintain continuous power output.
- They safely run sensitive electrical devices like laptops and TVs.
- They can run any appliance without damaging them.
- They have low chances of errors and unexpected shutdowns.
What Are the Disadvantages of Pure Sine Wave Inverters?
The disadvantages of pure sine wave inverters are as follows.
- The surge power output of the pure sine wave inverters drops when the battery voltage drops.
- They have complex circuitry that consumes battery power, making it drain fast.
- They are relatively more expensive than Modified Sine Wave inverters.
- A pure sine wave inverter uses DC power less efficiently than a modified sine wave inverter.